The Kendallville Public Library is filled with resources you can use in the classroom today. Just like TumbleBooks, the library allows our students to use ScienceFlix – a Scholastic resource with lots of STEM material.
This online database, available inside or outside the library, combines curriculum-driven leveled content, interactive features, and intuitive navigation into a single, highly-engaging digital resource
for students in grades 4 through 9.
Aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards and designed for unparalleled
student engagement, ScienceFlix provides an in depth examination on more than
30 different scientific topics including Earth Science, Space Science, Life Science, Health and Human Body, Physical Science, and Technology and Engineering.
Each of the 30 areas of study feature:
• Videos to introduce the subject and build background knowledge
• Lead Articles to build content-area knowledge
• Dive Deeper Articles to encourage a deeper level of understanding
• Inquiry Questions to develop students’ ability to cite specific text evidence and support scientific analysis
• Project Ideas to integrate quantitative or technical information
• Experiments to develop a student’s ability to follow multi-step procedures
• Quizzes to assess students’ understanding of each of the 30 units
• Featured Careers to inspire budding scientists and provide typical career maps for each job opportunity.
Get in contact with one of the library ladies to show your classroom! Or find me and I’ll put you in touch with them.