The Education Foundation released this help guide for creating, managing, and engaging with Facebook.
If you’re thinking about creating a Facebook page for your class or school, this is a good place to start.
The guide is aimed at educators working with young
people within schools, colleges, universities, work based
learning, formal and informal learning settings. It looks
at the way in which Facebook can be used as a tool to:
• Support subject teaching across the curriculum
• Support out of school hours learning
• Encourage informal social learning
• Enable easy communication between students,
teachers and parents
• Support the development of digital citizenship skills
The guide aims to be practical and hands on, but is not
exhaustive. Innovative uses of Facebook are being
developed all of the time and as such we have created
a Facebook for Educators Page run by educators for
educators, to share their experiences and
recommendations across the UK and beyond.